June is a blur. What happened to June. She arrived and before I knew it she was gone.
A lot of adjustments have been made along the way to remain healthy during this ultra running progression. Being alert to the body and what is required to improve and prepare for the mammoth session ahead. My observations and adjustments that follow are based on arriving in France in the most refreshed state possible.
* 530,000 steps in June, an average of 17,000 per day
* ascended 27,000 ft, the majority taken in 5 sessions
* more to the point, descended 27,000 ft.
* developed hayfever at the age of 44 🤷🏻♂️. Which pesky tree what done it?!
* all shoes worn down so much since Jan I may as well be in barefoot. They are all so comfy now. Good drainage in the wet when there are so many frayed edges!
* a healthy thirst to smash up a level in July 🥳 – a good sign.
* found out that people not only ask others for medical and training advice on instagram, but plenty people reply with suggestive answers grabbed from Google – what happened?
* the end of June brings the timeline to UTMB to 9 weeks until race day. 🤦♂️🤣
The final long session of June was 26 ‘rolling Purbeck’ miles and 3 miles on the road off the ferry. After the mountain sessions, this was an opportunity to run, demonstrate gains in speed endurance, present range in the running stride and confirm the hydration and fuel did it’s job in the heat. It was 23 degrees at the start and turning 27 at the finish. 1:50 out. 1:50 back with a 5 min stop at halfway to take some shade, refill and refresh.
Thanks for visiting the page. Madmule Fitness & Adventure are branching out in 2019/2020. There are plans afoot to bring 28 years of training knowledge and experience to more Madmule ventures. This month we began a series of “running faster for longer” sessions to clients in Poole. Check it out here
For any assistance you require with your training/ lifestyle goals, don’t hesitate to get in touch. Madmule can provide bespoke packages, even if it is a one off consultation to listen to your ambitions and help you get them into action.